Old December 1st 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Default Freedom Passes at Fenchurch Street from 9am

The barriers to the platforms at Fenchurch Street would not open for a
Freedom Pass at 9:25am today. The guy on the gateline said they are not
valid there until 9:30am. As far as I can tell from this map the line from
Fenchurch Street is available from 9am (because of the interavailability
with the District Line).
http://www.freedompass.org/documents...assMap2006.pdf Am I reading
this right?

You most certainly are. C2C have clearly not configured their system or
trained their staff correctly based on your experience. IIWY I'd drop
them a short E Mail of "complaint" explaining your experience and asking
what they are going to do to rectify matters.

Thanks for that. I wrote a letter to c2c, Network Rail (as they manage that
station) and London Councils (formerly ALG, as they administer the Freedom
Pass scheme).

I got a full and prompt letter of apology from c2c with a commitment to
train staff and get the barriers working properly. London Councils
telephoned yesterday to say they had written to Network Rail but had not got
a reply. I have not yet received a reply to my letter to Network Rail
either.

Let's hope its not up to Network Rail to sort out the barriers.