Old December 2nd 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default Freedom Passes at Fenchurch Street from 9am

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:59:59 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

So if there's that sort of complication, why did management
responsibility pass from c2c to Network Rail in 2002? (Whereas
Marylebone, for example, is still managed by Chiltern.)

I have no idea. I wasn't even aware there had been a transfer.

It's probably just to confuse people. Fenchurch Street is used by just
one operator (ever and without exception). However the current
arrangement means that there can be lots of buck-passing and C2C can
maintain their reasonable (but not excellent or pro-active) job without
the added hassles of having to deal with service users complaints
regarding the station.

Given that C2C maintain lots of other large stations on the line
(Barking, which has more platforms; Southend Central etc) it seems to be
rather short-sighted and without particular justification. Although I
note that Network Rail have managed to recently improve the usage of the
shop units at Fenchurch Street (therefore improving the stations
facilities and making some money simultaneously).

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking