Old December 3rd 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Northern Line Disappointment, Sat 2 December

I returned from Chalk Farm to Burnt Oak last night, starting at about
22.30 but did not enjoy the experience.

The first indicated train was signed as 'Edgware 10 mins' when we arrived.

We waited at least that long, only to see 'GOLDERS GREEN' on the front
of the train, which was packed with many revellers somewhat the worse
for wear.

I decided to let that train go, not wishing to change trains.

The wait for the next train was about 5 minutes and that one, which was
fairly full. At Golders Green, many of the previous train's revellers
piled on, making it almost as crowded as in the rush hour.

Is there any reason known to people here why the service interval was so long?

Can anything be done about discrepancies between the platform and the
train destination indicators?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.