Old December 5th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Oyster PAYG Island Gardens via Bank to Liverpool Street

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Why it is chosing the first example when you validate at Bank and the
second example if you are not is however not a fully clear logic to the
passenger interchanging at Bank and wondering whether or not to validate
there.

We've established, haven't we, that fares between two points are
defined, so Oyster should use that to determine the appropriate fare.
We have these special rules for Bank and Wimbledon (and others - these
are the two that I'm familiar with). Surely it would be easier all
round to remove the special rules that apply at these stations?

If the Bank validator is needed for people using the lift from the
surface, move the validator to the lift's upper entrance. At Wimbledon,
why have validators on the tram or District platforms? (There are
already barriers at both entrances to the station.) You even have to
remember which validators *not* to touch!

Simple rules are easier to follow and are more likely to be followed
aren't they? For me, these sort of things take the edge off this
fantastic system that we have.

Richard.

Wimbledon nonsense:
http://transportforlondon.custhelp.c...ted=1092149936