Old December 5th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default LU to take over Silverlink stations

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:56:56 -0000, "John Rowland"

Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone and Transport for London today
announced that eleven stations currently managed by Silverlink Metro
will become the operational responsibility of London Underground

snip

"We will now work to reach an agreement with our trade unions to
enable London Underground to operate these stations,

By saying it *will* happen before they have reached an agreement with the
union, haven't they put themselves over a barrel?

I doubt it very much - the TUPE'd staff are hardly going to demand to be
on different terms to their LU counterparts. I think it is (probably)
safe to say that LU pay, conditions and pension will be better than
Silverlink. The only exception *may* be long served former BR staff
where pension issues may come into play but I am guessing here.

I think the RMT and TSSA will be delighted to be taking on new members
and also pleased with the move from private to public sector operation.
The main battleground seems to be on the North London Railway concession
and what happens to East London Line staff currently with LU.
--
Paul C