Old December 6th 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default LU to take over Silverlink stations

Paul Scott wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ps.com...
wrote:

One potential future anomaly - if/when the Bakerloo line takes over the
service all the way up to Watford Junction I wonder if there'll be any
clamour from the staff for the affected stations (such as Hatch End) to
switch from being the responsibility of the NLR concessionaire to that
of LU?

If as expected the Bakerloo takes over the DC lines completely, they will
have the majority of trains and therefore 'operate' the stations.

That's what I presumed would be the case, but there's nothing in the
statement one way or another regarding this, presumably because the
Bakerloo returning to Watford Junction is still some way off.

That
doesn't imply that _all_ the staff will work for LU though, just like places
like Wimbledon and Richmond, where they are NR stations with some LU staff,
and Stratford, which is a NR station 'operated by' LU, with 'one' staff for
the NR parts. Ticket offices seem to coexist at these places now, why not
in the future?

My use of the word anomaly wasn't really appropriate - it was just an
observation really. All I was saying was that the stations on the DC
line north of Harrow & Wealdstone up to Watford Junction (i.e.
Headstone Lane, Hatch End, Carpenders Park, Bushey and Watford High
Street) will not transfer over to LU responsibility, initially at
least, but will be the domain of the North London Railway
concessionaire. This obviously makes sense at the moment as they have
no LU service - in the future, if things go to TfL's plan, they will
solely be served by LU. Logic would suggest that TfL will then transfer
responsibility for said stations to LU, which would b consistent with
the above announcement, though that needn't happen and they could of
course continue to be NLR stations.

I presume the statement doesn't tackle that because - as I said above -
the Bakerloo line's complete takeover of the DC lines up to Watford
Junction hasn't yet been confirmed.

Silverlink County, or whatever the new NR franchise holder is called,
will presumably still operate Watford Junction, so my above ramblings
doesn't concern that station.

If the pay, conditions and benefits afforded to NLR staff are the same
as LU ones, then it's all pretty academic anyway as I guess it wouldn't
really make a great difference to them one way or the other which of
the two organisations (LU or NLR) they worked for.