Old December 6th 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default LU to take over Silverlink stations

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:56:37 -0000, Paul Scott wrote:

I can see it being awkward if it doesn't retain a National Rail ticket
office, and therefore becomes unable to sell the full range of NR
tickets (e.g. it could have a direct service to Milton Keynes or
Birmingham but not be able to sell overnight returns to those places).

Why shouldn't both ticket types be available if NR still operate a service -
Stratford is operated by LU, but has a NR ticket office. I think you are
creating a problem that doesn't exist at joint stations now, why should it
in the future?

Good point - I'd forgotten about Stratford. ISTM the same arrangement
would suit Harrow & Wealdstone.

I'm not sure the problem doesn't exist now, though. Can you buy a
Saver Return to Brighton at West Brompton? The fare does exist, and
there is a direct service, but AFAIK LU ticket offices (which is all
WB has) don't sell Saver Returns (or any return valid for longer than
a day).