Old December 7th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster PAYG Island Gardens via Bank to Liverpool Street

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:05:59 -0600, "Tristán White"
wrote:

What would you be charged if you forgot to validate on the tram, validated
on the platform at Wimbledon, and either (a) left the station through the
barriers, or (b) continued on the tube and exited at anothr station?

A couple of assumptions firstly - if incorrect then let me know in a
reply. Please note that I do not know for certain but I giving what I
think would be the answer based on my knowledge of the system. I am more
than happy to be corrected by those who know for certain.

a) You've arrived at Wimbledon by tram and the first validation is
on the Tramlink platform.
b) You are using PAYG exclusively.

If you validate at the tram link platform then your card will be set for
entry and will deduct £1 or 80p depending on time of day.
If you then proceed to exit via the barriers I would expect you will not
be able to as the last entry will be recorded as "In" at Wimbledon
Tramlink a few minutes earlier. Why would you wish to exit? It is
illogical - you should be on a tram to Croydon!

If you then did your (b) then you would be charged for Tramlink as above
and then charged £4 on exit from LU as there would be no entry
transaction for a LU journey and thus you have not validated correctly
and would have an unresolved journey.
--
Paul C