Old December 11th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] google@rural-roads.co.uk is offline

Default blackwall tunnel morning lane closures

wrote:
Does anyone have the specific times when they close a lane for the
southern approach (going south).
Not sure whether they do it as they see fit, up to know, it's been
consistent, one lane closing at 7:50am until around 8:50am (weekdays
only), but today, it seems to have been earlier.

I wish they had built a 4 lane tunnel, an absolute pain, I feel sorry
for the folk making their way northbound, those queus are even longer!

Tidal flow is introduced by the police dependent on traffic flows from
around 6:30am to around 8:30am. It does not run continuously through
this period. During any one morning, tidal flow may be implemented up
to three or four times, for periods of between 15 and 30 minutes at a
time. When flow in the tidal flow lane drops to the point that there
are gaps in the traffic, tidal flow is withdrawn.