Old December 11th 06, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
cyril sneer cyril sneer is offline

Default Utter rudeness

I was passing through a metropolitan line station this morning and saw
something that upset me at the time, and I just want to see what
everyone's take on it is. We were waiting on a train, and the customer
service assistant made an announcement that chiltern railways trains
were holding up the met line trains, and he would try and find out
where the next one was.

He went to the ticket office window, and was presumably trying to find
out from a colleague, when a man stormed up to him and asked why the
board said good service, "where is the good service?" he demanded. The
customer service assistant told the man that he was just trying to find
out where the train was, and the man's reply was "well thats no good is
it". As I guess you would expect the staff member then got a little
snappy (it was before 7am) and asked what else he could do, before
turning back to the window to finish finding out.

He then made another announcement about the delays, and said the train
we were all waiting for was 2 minutes away. The same customer piped up
again, and shouted "turn the speakers on and we might hear you." The
speakers were on, and were loud enough for myself to hear. Then the
man started shouting "do your job what are you paid for?" when it was
clear this young man was doing his job more than adequately.

I just wondered what other attrocities of human nature people have
seen. I know its part and parcel of a customer services job, but
surely that is just appalling?