Old December 11th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Should David Cameron be allowed just to pay his £3 again...

Tristán White wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in
ps.com:

Tristán White wrote:

... when we mere mortals, on our way to a pop concert saying "sorry I
lost my ticket", would most certainly have been charged £20??

And should David Cameron, as an example to follow, not have insisted
on paying the £20 rather than plea for clemency? Perhaps he's trying
to get even more hoodies' votes whom he keeps urging us all to hug.

Whilst the fact that our future PM may be a Morrisey fan is kind of
cool,

really can't bear any Tories and least of all those who purport to be
"a man of the people" in this fashion. The People's PM. **** off.

Anyone would be better than Bliar. But my vote is certainly not going

go
to either party at the moment. It'll be either Respect or the Lib
Dems, like last time.

You've gotta give some kind of reference so we can decipher your rant.

You're post implies that Cameron got nabbed without a ticket on the
Tube, claiming he'd lost it, and managed to pay the £3 fare rather
than the £20 penalty fare. A quick search of BBC News online doesn't
yield any such story, so please provide a source.

In the evening's paper:

http://www.exacteditions.com/exact/b...12/1848/3/5/0/

And yet again, a penalty fare is referred to as a "fine". (Which of
course it is in reality, that can be imposed without charge or trial,
on the assumption of guilty till proven innocent, but legally it is
just a fare.)

If he was suspected of fare-evasion, he should have been prosecuted and
risked a fine of £1000 or whatever it is. If he wasn't, it's his
moral duty to expose and refuse to cooperate with the scam of penalty
fares.