Old December 11th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster PAYG with two caps?

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:57:24 +0100, Martin Krieger
wrote:

Say I do some bus rides in the morning and lot of tube journeys at off
peak time. Is Oyster intelligent enough to handle this?

Peak bus and Z1-3 or less off peak tube would be best capped at the peak
travelcard rate. But peak bus and Z1-4 or more off peak tube would be
cheaper with a combination of bus cap and off-peak travelcard cap. Does
this work or do I need two Oyster cards?

I'm not sure that I am following your logic as there is not a separate
peak cap for one day bus travel. Regardless of when you travel you will
cap bus travel at £3 - you simply get to the cap a bit faster by using
buses at peak times at £1 per journey.

The increments on from £3 to the respective off peak (ODTC less 50p)
caps are as follows for off peak tube travel (i.e. after 09.30)

£1.40 Z12
£1.90 Z14
£2.80 Z16

If you had an isolated peak time tube journey and all your other travel
was capped off peak and the combined total was less than the appropriate
peak cap then you would be charged at the combined total.

If I have not understood your question properly please provide your
calculations / examples and I'll have another look.

--
Paul C