Old December 11th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Oyster PAYG with two caps?

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:57:24 +0100, Martin Krieger
wrote:

Say I do some bus rides in the morning and lot of tube journeys at off
peak time. Is Oyster intelligent enough to handle this?

Peak bus and Z1-3 or less off peak tube would be best capped at the peak
travelcard rate. But peak bus and Z1-4 or more off peak tube would be
cheaper with a combination of bus cap and off-peak travelcard cap. Does
this work or do I need two Oyster cards?

If I have not understood your question properly please provide your
calculations / examples and I'll have another look.

I think he means that the difference between peak and off-peak cap for
the Z1-5 and Z1-6 caps are bigger than the £3 bus-only cap.

Example: Lots of bus journeys in the morning, capped at £3. Then lots of
tube journeys in the evening in zones 1-2, would normaly be capped at
£4.40, but the lots of bus journeys in the morning makes a peak cap of
£5.70 cheaper for all of the journeys.

Example: Lots of bus journeys in the morning, capped at £3. Then lots of
tube journeys in the evening in zones 1-6, would be capped at £5.80
because a peak cap of £11.90 would be more expensive for all of the
journeys so here the bus journeys and the tube journeys are capped
separately. (...or do you need two separate Oyster cards for this
effect, I do not know that for sure, have not tested it.)

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451