Old December 15th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

Neillw001 wrote:

I encountered the smae situation at TCR on a Saturday a few weeks
back, except that the area was a bit less crowded. I think it is down
to a large proportion of people being idiots when moving around in
places such as underground station.

I think that you could have stopped at 'when moving around'! ;-)

It's the same everywhere. People, most often of the female persuasion, have
a habit of just stopping for no apparent reason, in the middle of a swathe
of flowing pedestrians. For some reason, a quick glance over the shoulder
before doing so seems to be too much like hard work.

A couple of years ago, in the midst of a fairly swiftly moving crowd of
pedestrians, the woman in front of me stopped abruptly and bent down (for
what I have no idea). I tried desperately to stop in time and ended up very
nearly making contact with her voluptuous bottom, leaning over her and very
close to falling on top of her. She was utterly oblivious throughout,
despite some Anglo-Saxon expletives being aimed in her direction.