Old December 15th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender eastender is offline

Default Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

wrote:

I'm not really talking about legally enforceable, slapping people with
fines for walking down a passageway the wrong way. I mean taking
action as outlined in the original post, i.e. putting a barrier up,
which would have completely resolved the situation in this instance.

There are barriers in some stations - Holborn I think - but in general
it's a free for all, with regular users trying to get out quicker by
leaving by the in tunnels and stairs - only sometimes they encounter a
wall of people coming the right way - if I'm one of those i stand my
ground and make them sweat, or say loudly - "You're going the wrong
way..."

E.