Old December 15th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default GNER waves goodbye

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:55:30 GMT,
Jack Taylor wrote:
wrote:

I also suspect that whoever takes over the line will drop the
restaurant car. AFAIAA, you can no longer eat on the west coast line.

No, you can. Virgin ended up backtracking and launched their Primo Pendolino
product, which has become quite successful and has just been extended to
more trains.

This is useful to know, thanks.

I'll pass it on to the people I know who took a long journey assuming
they would be able to eat on the train only to discover there wasn't
anything other than the typical inedible sandwiches.

When they now make the (occasional) similar trip, they go by car and
stay overnight on the way, neither time nor money being the limiting
factor for them. They would prefer to take the train and make the
journey part of their holiday.

Tim.

and there was light.