Old December 15th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

wrote:

Which leads me to the question in the thread header: why don't tube
staff enforce the one way systems properly? It's not just at TCR,
although the example above is one of the worst on the system; I've
almost never seen barriers in place to enforce the routing, only
signage. Is it something to do with fire regulations, that you can't
"block" any entrance or exit?

Tower Hill in the morning peak is another example of this unnecessary chaos,
with people barging up the 'entry only' staircase and tutting if anyone gets
in their way.

The simple answer here would be to make all the barriers in this lobby
'entry only', forcing people to return to platform level and along to the
correct exit, which has a separate set of barriers.

Chris