Old December 17th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] mike.j.harvey@gmail.com is offline

Default What station is this?

Tristán White wrote:

soldiers march into a tube train. Here's a screengrab I took of it:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...4400498&size=o

Trying to work out where it was taken. My guess is Edgware, the first
platform you come to on the right hand side which is on its own. I don't
know the number of the platform.

Am I right?

That overall roof visible to the left of the train is quite
distinctive. There are two pictures on this page which show 1960 tube
stock at Edgware during the 1999 Northern Heights railtour. The topmost
picture is taken from the London end of the platform, facing the buffer
stops, and the second from the bottom is taken from a camera position
similar to the shot you grabbed. As the caption remarks, "the premature
end to the New Works programme gives the station a distinctly
"unfinished" feel."

http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/rly/stock/1960tubeStock/

As for the rolling stock, it looks like 1938 stock which would have
been authentic for the Northern in 1944, although I am not sure about
livery details being absolutely correct. That "No Smoking" window
transfer looks a bit post-war, but I am willing to be corrected.