Old December 17th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] mike.j.harvey@gmail.com is offline

Default What station is this?

wrote:

As for the rolling stock, it looks like 1938 stock which would have
been authentic for the Northern in 1944, although I am not sure about
livery details being absolutely correct. That "No Smoking" window
transfer looks a bit post-war, but I am willing to be corrected.

Yes I know about the 1949 stock before anyone calls me on that
possibility. It looks like 38 TS anyway.

Also, I wonder about whether blackout precautions would have been in
use on tube stock in 1944. One sees them in newsreel shots. There is a
tantalising looking diamond shape visible on the glass of the LH opened
door in its pocket, which I am thinking might just be a coincidence or
artifact. I am guessing that a couple of teenagers would not have had
the means for absolutely authentic livery, and they just went down to
Edgware and filmed the actors getting into a service train. I'd be
interested to know about that.