Old December 17th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Final shortlist for Overground concession announced

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...

I understand the theory, but am concerned about the practice - as the old
saying goes, in theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice,
they're not. Yes, the DLR and Tramlink work well in private hands, as do
some NR TOCs, but there are plenty of bits of privatised or
semi-privatised transport infrastructure that emphatically do not. I don't
feel like we really have a good handle on what it is that makes some cases
work and others not (what was so different about Chiltern and Connex?),
which makes me wary of a rush to put the NLR into private hands. I suppose
neither of us are saying that it won't work either way, just that it could
work the other way!

Do you not mean 'a rush to put the ELL into private hands'?
The existing parts of the NLR (the WLL and NLL) already are...

Paul S