Old December 17th 06, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default More trains on old WAGN lines

Drayton Park serves Arsenal FC fairly well.

Although it's being closed on match days isn't terribly helpful.

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
Ahh good old British organisation, kind of makes you proud :-)

Well, as it stands the station has to be closed because people would
end up falling on the track. I thought Arsenal were going to pay to
upgrade the station but I was either totally wrong, or they managed to
wriggle out of it.

So, not sure who gets the blame - but the fact is Drayton Park will
always be closed on match days/nights.

What would be nice is FCC starting to run 8 car trains on off-peak
trains if Arsenal is playing at home - or extra services using 313s
between Stevenage and Finsbury Park (where the bulk of the fans board
and alight).

Jonathan