Old December 17th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Final shortlist for Overground concession announced

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...

I don't feel like we really have a good handle on what it is that makes
some cases work and others not (what was so different about Chiltern
and Connex?), which makes me wary of a rush to put the NLR into private
hands.

Do you not mean 'a rush to put the ELL into private hands'? The existing
parts of the NLR (the WLL and NLL) already are...

I suppose i really mean "the rush to put he NLR back into private hands
(those of a concessionaire) immediately after having wrested it into
public hands (those of TfL) from the private hands (of Silverlink) into
which it was placed after having been pried from the cold, dead public
hands of BR (which of course snatched it from the private hands of the
LMSR in 1947 ...)".

tom

--
I do not think we will have to wait for long.