Old December 18th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default Best place to purchase an Annual Travelcard

In message , Sam
writes
My Annual Oystercard card (Zone 2-4) is up for renewel. I remember in the
past, posters on here talking about getting an Oyster from a Natioanl rail
station where you get additional benefits as well as a goldcard. Maybe SWT
? Did you get free weekend tickets possibly ?

I will be using the travelcard in North London rather than on SWT, but would
that matter ?

Any ideas .

*ugger all offers this time round, as far as I could tell. SWT specially
say that you have to use their on a regular basis (wording varies), but
if you meet this condition give you 6 tickets (days) worth of free
weekend travel over a year/splitable with people you are travelling
with. [1]

C2C give you 4 off peak tickets on their route.

Zippo from anyone else as far as I can see (First taking over Great
Northern led to National Express/C2C reducing their previous offering
and First taking over Thameslink removed that offering).

Fair enough - after all an annual season ticket comes with other
significant benefits but annoying to bargain chasers nevertheless!

[1] SWT do keep an eye on their rules as if you don't live within their
catchment area they ask why you use their services on a regular basis
and want evidence to back it up, if you want the 6 extra tickets. They
are happy to sell regular annual season tickets without that particular
benefit though.

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking