Old December 19th 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

Which leads me to the question in the thread header: why don't tube
staff enforce the one way systems properly? It's not just at TCR,

Other favourites:
Notting Hill Gate, Central-Circle

Oxford Circus Vic-Central is clearly longer to go than CentralVic so
plenty of people go via the unsigned route against the flow

Kings X Picc/Circle cuts across the top of the Vic escalators

Kings X design in general is poorly signed

Shep Bush Central entry/exit - pax going w/b use the w/b exit instead of
the e/b entrance and crossing platforms.

I wasn't sure about Knightsbridge the other day when the walkway from
Harrods had lots of "keep right" signage until you get to the three
escalators when you had to swap to the left, that's bright

Isn't this just a symptom of selfish life these days with a minority having
no respect for anyone and exist just to take as much out of life as they
can without contributing anything back?

I don't blame staff for not enforcing this, they're at a high enough risk
of being assaulted in that line of work without provoking it. Some simple
turnstiles would probably do the job