Old December 19th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Zone 1/2 Travelcard?

Rick Blaine typed

On my occasional trips to London, I would purchase a one week Zone 1/2
Travelcard, slip it in with my LT Photocard and be covered for most of my
transportation needs.

With the advent of Oyster, I'm not sure that's the preferred way, or even
possible anymore. Assuming I would need to be in London once a year or
so, what
would be the best ticketing solution these days?

Thx

There are too many variables to give a definitive answer.

Cash fares are for losers and you should have some sort of PAYG Oyster
before you come to London.

A 7 day Zone 1-2 Travelcard will cost £23.20 from the New Year.

Off-peak Oyster PAYG (with capping) is cheap, but you'd be better off
with a paper travelcard if you use National Rail.

Oyster PAYG is very convenient but you cant use it (yet) on National Rail.

Download next year's Fares leaflet from the TfL website, get confused &
exasperated, then make up your mind...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...007.pdf#page=1

--
Helen D. Vecht: