Old December 19th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default More trains on old WAGN lines

Jonathan Morris wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Were weekends mentioned?

I forgot to ask (didn't occur to me at the time that Moorgate was shut
at weekends) but if I were a betting man, I'd guess they would run at
weekends if TfL stepped in with funding. Possibly not such a frequent
service, but a service nonetheless.

Although given the rolling stock issues associated with a truly tube-like
frequency, i suspect this is all rather aspirational anyway.

I think they have the stock, as they can run a high frequency service
during the peaks (remember, the high frequency part will be Moorgate to
AP, as beyond that they split on each branch - and that would mean more
paths and stock, which isn't necessarily possible anytime soon).

At weekends, 313s go into Kings Cross. So, if Moorgate was to continue
in operation, there would be the issue of how frequent a service could
be provided from KGX (on a Sunday, it would pretty much be an hourly
service for me).

Who said timetabling was easy?!

There is also the issue that (proportional) demand for interchange at
King's Cross will probably be greater at weekends, with people heading
for the West End, the museums in South Ken and crossing to other terminals.

--
Dave Arquati