Old December 20th 06, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

Exactly - this was my point in the intial post. All the staff had to
do at TCR was to extend the portable barrier a bit further.

There used to be a bloke with the temp barriers at Notting Hill Gate each
morning and evening but he wouldn't bat an eyelid as people dodged around
the barriers.

I guess if you were starting from scratch you'd do it all different but
we're stuck with what we've got. But new stuff like the Kings X interchange
should have been better thought through, the whole thing is a mess with
people walking in all directions.

Also, why do they insist on putting tube maps inside stations at pinch
points? Kings Cross the map is right at the bottom of the stairs from the
mainline station