Old December 22nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Taxi`s

Mike Hughes wrote:

In message . com,
Mizter T writes
Mike Hughes wrote:

There is a very good chance of getting a taxi off the street,
particularly if you try the rank at the Metropole Hotel on the corner of
Edgeware and Praed St

Even early on Christmas Day morning?

Yes

I worked last year. I was surprised at how many taxis and also how many
customers there were around. Remember that there are a lot of taxi
drivers in London who are not Christian.

Thanks for the reply, that's interesting that there's so many taxis and
so many prospective passengers around at that time.

Of course I'd presume that London taxi drivers would represent all the
different communities in London and would thus represent all faiths,
but I must admit my (possibly quite erroneous) assumption is that many
are ethnically British white men, and thus would wish to celebrate
Christmas with their families (though of course these days I would
presume many either wouldn't regard themselves as Christians or
wouldn't be Christians, but like the majority of people nonetheless
they'd mark Christmas).