Old December 26th 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Off Topic - Parking Wardens

On Friday evening, 22 December, I was driving my Sainsbury's van along
Westbourne Terrace, London W2.
At the junction of Westbourne Terrace and Craven Road, a black cab jumped
the lights that had changed to red. It collided with a car that then knocked
over one of the traffic lights, severely injuring a passing pedestrian.
As a first aider, I parked my van (on a double yellow line) in Craven Road,
and went to assist.
The poor unfortunate pedestrian literally had her head split open.
Fortunately, a passing doctor on his way to St Mary's Hospital was able to
deal with things better than me.
Although St Mary's Hospital is a mere two minutes away, I was informed that
the HEMS helicopter had been requested.

Whilst all of this was going on, there was a fair amount of congestion.
Traffic was moving, albeit very slowly.
On returning to my van, I was greeted with the sight of a parking warden
issuing me with a ticket. When I explained to the warden the reason for may
being parked where I was, I was informed that I could appeal against the
ticket.

It beggars belief to see the kind of morons that are employed on behalf of
the City of Westminster to 'harass' motorists.
Obviously, all that matters to the wardens is to issue as many tickets as
possible in order to achieve their commission.

I appreciate that parking wardens do not have the easiest or most popular
job in the world, but surely a degree of common sense is one of the
requisites for the job?

Any comments?

Paul