Old December 26th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ruth ruth is offline

Default Help Advice needed

This is not a slur on the intelligence of people from up north. I
merely stated that he doesnt know about freedom passes because, being
from up north they dont use them there.
and I did give him the photocard as well actually. he had both.
I gave him these because I think it is a waste of time having a freedom
pass that I cannot use as my disability stops me getting on public
transport. And he is only coming to help me it is doing more good. He
couldnt afford to come and help me on his own, and I have no local
carers or family.
Do not judge us as you do not know our situation, I have insulted no
one here, but get a load of nasty comments from people.
I think its personally disgusting that whilst the government wants to
waste £5000 plus giving me a ticket I cannot use, they would not
prefer to just give a few hundred pounds instead so my carer can get to
me with travel vouchers etc. or provide me with more local help.
but thats the council for you.. I told him that he could use it
because he is also disabled and has my permission. I cannot afford to
pay the fine as I have no income., although Im obviously better off
than he is.
Obviously people who can afford extortionate underground fares wouldnt
understand this.

ruth

If you really think that it's all your fault, you should pay his fine
for him. Your slur on the intelligence of people "up north" is uncalled
for.
--
Richard J.