Old December 26th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ruth ruth is offline

Default Help Advice needed

You are right.. my carer would probably qualify for a pass, but as he
doesnt live in london he cant get one to visit me.. only in yorkshire
where he lives, which is no use in this situation.
The only use I get out of my pass is to take someone free with me into
the cinema,
My carer technically has a life threatening progressive illness and is
much more deserving of a pass than me, and yet he gets nothing. I am
given the one thing I cannot use with my health problem! a pass for
public transport! I d do much better without the pass but with more
local support which might actually make me well enough to have a
career/social life/ and travel again, but that just isnt available. Can
you understand now why I dont think its fair that he should be
punished. I am not able to use the door to door transport. I havent
been offered that option.

ruth

wrote:
Let's see: You attempted to commit a public fraud, by giving out your
pass. And your caregiver, attempted to travel without purchasing a
ticket for themselves. Why should you be allowed to break the rules,
when the rest of us are working so hard to change the rules to make
them work?

As someone who worked very hard over years to get them to issue passes
to the disabled, being one myself, I find your actions to be
unforgivable.

I assume that the person that caught your caregiver, retained your
pass. And that some action will be taken to determine if you gave it
away (illegal) or it was stolen (another strike against your
caregiver).

If your caregiver has a disability, then that person may have
qualified for their own pass. Have they attempted to get one of their
own? Where I live, the passes for permanent disabilities are free. For
those with a temporary disability, like a broken leg, there is a
minimal paperwork-fee.

And yes, "free" meant that I had to get into the inaccessible
transport office to get the form, get to my doctor, get back into the
inaccessible transport office and then wait almost a month for the
pass.

By your actions of "lending out" your pass, you've made it that much
more difficult for those of us that use and need them. For those of us
that can't utilize the more public mass transit, we have worked hard
to get a coach that goes door-to-door. This is also subsidized to be
less than public transit.

And planning a trip to any locale is such a pain, since there are so
few accessible routes and stations. And with kerbs being so tall, I
have often had to travel IN the streets, which is a battle all it's
own, so the struggle to make things more accessible continues.

roups.com