Old December 26th 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Off Topic - Parking Wardens

In article , moggychops@tiscali
co.uk (Paul) wrote:

[Accident details snipped]

Whilst all of this was going on, there was a fair amount of
congestion. Traffic was moving, albeit very slowly.
On returning to my van, I was greeted with the sight of a parking
warden issuing me with a ticket. When I explained to the warden the
reason for may being parked where I was, I was informed that I could
appeal against the ticket.

It beggars belief to see the kind of morons that are employed on
behalf of the City of Westminster to 'harass' motorists.
Obviously, all that matters to the wardens is to issue as many
tickets as possible in order to achieve their commission.

I appreciate that parking wardens do not have the easiest or most
popular job in the world, but surely a degree of common sense is one
of the requisites for the job?

Any comments?

You misunderstand how parking enforcement works nowadays. The parking
attendant (not a warden) is there simply to issue tickets. He or she is
only concerned with whether a parking infringement has occurred, not with
the reasons.

The council appeals system is there to deal with reasons why the
infringement was reasonable. Contact the council and explain the
circumstances. I can't imagine that they won't then cancel the ticket. If
they don't, appeal to the independent parking adjudication service.

--
Colin Rosenstiel.