Old December 27th 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] google@woodall.me.uk is offline

Default oyster only gates at Euston Silverlink county platforms

Going through the barriers at Euston platform 8-11 I see that at least
two of them have paper stuck over the slot for tickets with the words
"Oyster only".

Is this a temporary thing because the gates are faulty or is it
intended to be permanent?

I would be surprised if more than about 5% of passengers using these
platforms can even use Oyster for their journeys and as it is the gates
cannot cope with the volume of people in the morning rush - typically
the next train has arrived before all the people from the previous
train have made it through the barriers.

Even at about 07:20 this morning the (at least) two closed barriers
were causing problems. I dread to think what it will be like next
Tuesday at about 8am.

Tim.