Old December 27th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default oyster only gates at Euston Silverlink county platforms

"John B" wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
Going through the barriers at Euston platform 8-11 I see that at least
two of them have paper stuck over the slot for tickets with the words
"Oyster only".

I would be surprised if more than about 5% of passengers using these
platforms can even use Oyster for their journeys and as it is the gates
cannot cope with the volume of people in the morning rush - typically
the next train has arrived before all the people from the previous
train have made it through the barriers.

Really? All DC lines (ie slow trains to Watford) stations accept Oyster
Prepay except Kilburn High Road and South Hampstead, and Oyster
travelcards are valid for all stations within zones 1-6.

I thought the pay as you go validity was only as far as Harrow & Wealdstone,
not Watford?
--
David Biddulph