Old December 28th 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Photography on LU

wrote:

This was forwarded to me for info -

I wanted to drop you a note about photography on (or even near) LUL
property. Earlier today I took a photograph of the front of Pinner
station, and the footbridge. Two BTP officers who had seen this promptly
detained me under section 44(2) of the Terrorism Act 2000
(
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts2000/00011--f.htm#44), and informed
that photographing anything that the Government deems 'critical
national infrastructure' (which includes the Underground) is

So he whipped his camera out to take a quite snapshot and 2 plods just
appeared out of nowhere and arrested him? Sounds a bit suss to me. If
the story is true I suspect he was probably hanging around quite a
while , long enough for someone to get suspicious and call the police.
Still worrying though that this terrorism act seems to be used as a
catch all these days for nicking anyone they don't like the look of.

B2003