Old December 28th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Delayed Travelcards on Oyster

David of Broadway wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , David of Broadway
writes

I've read that it's possible to purchase an Oyster-based Travelcard in
advance. For instance, I can buy a 7-day Travelcard effective Sunday
on Friday.

If I were to do that on a brand new Oyster, would the £3 deposit be
waived?

Deposits are no longer required if you purchase a 7-day (or longer)
Travelcard with the Oyster.

That much I know. I just want to clarify that that's the case even if
the Travelcard isn't set to start up right away.

Thanks again.

In the situation you describe in your original post I'm almost certain
that no deposit would be required. None of the publicity I've seen has
ever suggested that there is anything that complicates the 'deposit is
waived if buying a Travelcard on Oyster' rule.