Old December 28th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

In article ,
lid (Arthur Figgis) wrote:

I can't immediately think of where it was, but I've recently* been
somewhere where it costs more to buy a tram/bus/etc ticket from the
driver than from a kiosk in advance. Admittedly it isn't as
dramatic a difference as the card/cash prices in London, but fare
differentials do exist.

It was the case in Strasbourg in 1985. I agree the differential is the
only real problem. £4 to £1.50 is rather taking the ****.

--
Colin Rosenstiel.