Old December 29th 06, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
solar penguin solar penguin is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

sweek wrote:

I think Oyster really is tourist-friendly. When I'm leaving the
Netherlands I'm not going to get the value left on my strippenkaart
back, but a tourist in London can just hand in his Oyster and get his
£3 deposit + any value left on it return.

You can't get the three quid deposit back on a card that's so faulty
it's totally unreadable. I'm speaking from first hand experience here.