Old December 29th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender eastender is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

Boltar wrote:

I have an issue with them stiffing visitors
to the city simply because they DONT have an oyster card. Its counter
productive and just petty spiteful beaurocracy.

Still frothing I see. Now let's see... it takes the same time to buy an
Oyster at the ticket window as anything else, and of course you can also buy
a travelcard, which most other transit systems provide. If you go to New
York, you'd be mad not to buy a daily or weekly Metrocard, and their pay as
you go system also has a free trip incentive. I've been to many European
cities recently and never had a problem, but I do agree most are much
cheaper for single tickets than LU, but this has been the case for a long
time.

And buying the odd single full cash fare is not going to bankrupt anyone,
while the great incentive to move to a cashless, ticketless ystem is
obvioulsy working.

E.