Old December 29th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Boltar wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

In London, a paper ticket isn't a normal ticket. Oyster is.

Try putting a one day travelcard on an Oyster. Oh hold on , you can't.

Sorry , what were you saying?

I was saying that Oyster is the normal form of ticket. Which it is.

For season ticket holders yes it is , but people who are here just for
a day or 2 and want to tour the city will want 1 day travelcards which
Osyer doesn't support. Sure , you can use it in prepay mode but you'll
pay through the nose if you make more than a few journeys whereas a
travelcard is a one off cost. Though knowing Ken & Tfl I suspect thats
the whole point - prepay brings in more revenue. Wouldn't surprise me
if the 1 day travelcard ceases to exist in the next few years and the
clock will roll back to 1985 where you only had the choice of singles
or returns (which is all prepay is at the end of the day).

B2003