Old December 29th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
solar penguin solar penguin is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

eastender wrote:

solar penguin wrote:

Actually no. It take longer, because my local NR station doesn't sell
Oysters at all. The nearest newsagent which does is a quarter of a
mile walk away!

And how many tourists are beamed down to enter the UK at your NR station? In any
case, this is another issue.

Tourists? What the **** have tourists got to do with anything? It's
bad enough that TfL want Londoners like me to switch to to this almost
useless, _completely unrealiable_ technology, and that those of us with
the common sense to prefer reliable, tried-and-tested, old-fashioned
technology _that actually works_ are expected to pay extra to subsidise
those idiots who were stupid enough to rush in and embrace this dodgy,
faulty, new option before its time.

And now you're saying the reason that we've got to put up with it is
because it might be better for tourist scum who shouldn't even be
polluting our country with their presence in the first place!

Call me a stagnant old stick-in-the-mud if you like, but I really do
believe TfL and friends should be looking after the interests of people
who actually _vote_ for them!