Old December 29th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
sweek sweek is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

Boltar wrote:

Really? Well thats news to me when I used it once for 3 trips and
didn't have enough to make a 4th even though I'd had the equivalent
value of a travelcard on it. Bug in the system? And what about the
maximum fare being deducted if you don't swipe it? That doesn't happen
with a travelcard.

B2003

Maybe that's where you went wrong, because you do have to keep touching
in and out, and the penalty fare that you pay for not touching in/out
does not count towards the daily cap.