Old December 29th 06, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Still got Jubilee Line stopping at Charing + at Goodge St

"Jack Taylor" wrote in
:

Tristán White wrote:

But what amazes me is that it hasn't been changed. Have the staff,
the Manager of the Northern Line (and the Jubilee Line for that
matter), completely not realised that this is the case? Do they know
but can't be arsed (strange, as it's big enough and it's the first
thing you see when you go down the stairs). There's no evidence of a
sticker with the changes having been removed by someone.

LUL have never been on the ball with keeping their signage up to date.
Look how many signs there are that still give directions to "British
Rail", ten years after it disappeared. The same thing applied to all
the announcements about changing for "Network SouthEast", which
disappeared on 1st April 1994, two years before BR.

True, but "British Rail" is not misleading for tourists. In fact, it's
probably much easier than having the correct nomenclature.

So there's less of an urgency to change it.

But in the case I've given, it's misleading - and easy to remedy. I'm just
wondering whether it could possibly have been overlooked for so many years,
or whether it's just a case of not being arsed to do anything about it.