Old December 31st 06, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default Wembley Park platforms 5 and 6

Sun, 31 Dec 2006 -
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 03:00:31 -0000, Fig wrote:

I think the intention is that eventually all Metropolitan stopping trains
at WP will use plat 5. Not sure if I'm correct in that assumption, or when
it will ever happen. Till then, wait on the bridge in the warm & dry.

All off-peak fast trains currently stop at Wembley Park, and I don't
know of any plans for that to change.

I think the fast to and from Amersham trains now stop at Wembley Park
for possible crew changes. They never used to and as a long distance
commuter, I wish they would not! This would mean all trains would stop
at platform 2 and 5 and keep 1 and 6 for non scheduled stops. For a
while, trains from Amersham to London were routed by the slow lines
south of Harrow, not stopping at Northwick Park and Preston Road, but
sopping at platform 5 at Wembley. However, this often meant the train
caught up a previous ex Watford or ex Uxbridge service and crawled south
of Harrow which was just so frustrating. If they have to change crew at
Wembley, then why not just stop for this, not a passenger stop. This
would make it easier for people at Wembley to always know the platform
and the loss of 2 trains an hour can't be that much of a hardship.
--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk