Old October 13th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJC CJC is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

Colin McKenzie wrote in message ...
Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Heathrow needs a through station with intercity services. Anything else
will fail to distribute its passengers adequately.

Instead of, as I understand it, no mainline (as opposed to tube) trains
that even manage to stop at all 5 terminals without reversing - we might
even get 3tph each to T4 and T5.

I would say there's a case for 8tph to KHR, half continuing to Staines
and half to Uxbridge.

And they should bite the bullet and divert all GW mainline expresses
through Heathrow. How would the length and cost of this diversion
compare with the Selby diversion?

Colin McKenzie

I live under the flightpath and I think airport expansion is a good
idea, it will boost the local economy. Also I think that the
government and BAA are pretty determined, look at Terminal 5. I really
am not bothered by the planes, I hardly notice them. I can understand
people who live really close having an issue, but anyone who has moved
in in the last forty odd years should have realised the place was
going to expand. The anti-airport view is perfectly valid, but
everyone is selfish and I would like a nice managerial position at an
airline based in Heathrow at some time in the future.