Old December 31st 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jon Combe Jon Combe is offline

Default Still got Jubilee Line stopping at Charing + at Goodge St

In article , Jack Taylor wrote:
Tristán White wrote:

But what amazes me is that it hasn't been changed. Have the staff, the
Manager of the Northern Line (and the Jubilee Line for that matter),
completely not realised that this is the case? Do they know but can't
be arsed (strange, as it's big enough and it's the first thing you
see when you go down the stairs). There's no evidence of a sticker
with the changes having been removed by someone.

LUL have never been on the ball with keeping their signage up to date. Look
how many signs there are that still give directions to "British Rail", ten
years after it disappeared. The same thing applied to all the announcements
about changing for "Network SouthEast", which disappeared on 1st April 1994,
two years before BR.

That is true. I notice the Jubilee Line trains still tell you to change at
Canning Town for "National Rail Services" (now ceased) and City Airport Bus
link when the DLR now goes direct from Canning Town to City Airport and would
probably be quicker than the bus (if the bus still runs). Also I notice the
route maps on the Jubilee Line trains don't say Zone 2 under the Zone 2 stations
on the northern part of the line. I'd have though this would have been spotted
before printing them on all the trains!

Jon.