Old December 31st 06, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Brick Lane

In article , david.of
(David of Broadway) wrote:

David Biddulph wrote:
"David of Broadway" wrote in
message ...
David Biddulph wrote:
"David of Broadway" wrote in
message ...
Paul Terry wrote:

A physical link, such as an underground passageway, would
have been possible during the many occasions when Hammersmith
Broadway has been rebuilt over the years. I suspect that it
never happened because the number of passengers requiring
such an interchange is very small indeed.
If there was never an underground passageway, then what
"Subway to District and Piccadilly lines" is this (former)
sign referring to?

http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...Id=15350&g2_im
ageViewsIndex=1
It could have been referring to one of the subways under the
road?
What do you mean by "one of the subways under the road" if not
"an underground passageway"?

I meant one from outside the station, rather than a direct link
between the two stations.

If there is/was a passageway under the road outside the station,
how much more work could it be to connect it inside the station?

Quite a lot as I remember the subway. Neither end was that near either
station (especially the Met/H&C one) and the levels were all wrong too, I
suspect. Why something wasn't included with the Hammersmith (District and
Piccadilly) station redevelopment is beyond me, however.

--
Colin Rosenstiel