Old January 1st 07, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default "Passenger action"

Does anyone know what this particular euphemism actually means?
Travelling home last night on the Picc, we sat between South Ken and
Gloucester Road for what must have been close to half an hour, due to
(according to the driver) "passenger action at Hammersmith, passenger
action on a train at Barons Court, and a punch-up on a third train".

Now, being the cheeky bar steward that I am, I'm going to see what
happens to a Charter claim for that debacle - nearly two hours from
Mile End to Northfields via Holborn - I'd have been better to stay on
the Central line all the way to EB and walk!