Old October 13th 03, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default New White City Development

"Pre-38" wrote in message ...

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
Assuming the shopping centre doesn't get blown up by a WWII UXB, what will
happen to the Central and H&C lines while it's being completed? Will there
be a new interchange? Will the lines be closed?

No no major new interchange I'm afraid. There will be a new underground
Central line depot however, first of its kind ever in the World, I believe.

So it's to be the only underground depot on the London underground
central line, in the world.
How many other london undeground central lines are there?

tim

Possibly and only eventually a new station may be opened on the H&C at Arial
way but this is not for definite. The Shepherds Bush Central Line station
however is being completely updated.

Lines closed? Yes I'm sure the H&C where it crosses Wood Lane will be
suspended, a new bridge is being constructed there, more than likely
weekend work. . Access to this new depot is going to be from a branch
constructed just East of the old central line Wood Lane station - Eastbound
tunnel. Central Line closures as a result of this work? non as far as is
planned yet, no doubt there could nbe a White city - Marble arch suspensions
on a few weekends but that's a long way off yet.

The current plans are for the Central Line depot to be operating end of 2005
which seems a bit over optimistic but u never know if things go according to
plan it could happen. Multiplex are the contractors and the site is owned by
Chelsfield PLC

There's quite an amazing flash presentation, I dunno if you've seen it
alrerady but u can watch here http://www.chelsfield.co.uk/whitecity.html (if
u have a decent Internet connection) which tells u all about it and also a
plan view which can be enlarged.
http://www.chelsfield.co.uk/wcplan.htm