Old January 1st 07, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Happy New Year... & thanks for getting me there and back!

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Mizter T wrote:

And thanks to TfL and the public transport workers of London who
enabled the masses (including me) to travel across the capital to get
to and from the NYE revelry.

I'll drink to that!

We had a new year's eve party at our place, so didn't have to do any
travelling, but on our guests' behalves, thanks again, TfL operatives -
another solid job!

I think the very useful through the night Underground service is pretty
new occurance as well - can anyone provide any further information as to
what the situation was in years gone by? I think it used to run later,
but not all night.

Wasn't it only until 0400ish last night?

While we're sort of on the subject, why do tube lines normally close at
night? Maintenance of some sort, AIUI, but what, exactly? What is it that
requires a six-hour closure of every line every night?

tom

--
We don't contact anybody or seek anybody's permission for what we do. Even
if it's impersonating postal employees. -- Birdstuff